In addition to our Riggs Shield, we offer a line of Hardcore Defense pistol-rated ballistic shields, rifle shields, and riot shields with an amazing 20-year warranty against excessive wear and tear or material failure.
Hardcore Defense - Civilian Line & LEO Line Features
Hardcore Defense shields provide larger innovative ballistic shields specifically designed to face modern-day threats that have a longer shelf life.
Some companies have been offering the same ballistic shield designs since the 1980s - bulky, top heavy, and overpriced slabs of resin-fixed ballistic fibers with a window. These pistol-rated legacy shields were designed to protect a SWAT team advancing to a building for a tactical entry, where the shields are typically abandoned since they are too cumbersome to use indoors, and the window dangerously restricts field of view and situational awareness. In a modern world of rifle-armed active shooters, brutally violent drug gangs, and home invasions, these shields fail to make the grade today.
Hardcore Defense shields are designed to provide the maximum feasible coverage while remaining compact and maneuverable enough for easy indoor use. For example, the Alpha Shield™ is 15” wide x 25” long, and covers the user from the lower face to the waist. Larger shields are also available for operators looking for increased coverage. None of the shields have windows, which some consider a liability in most circumstances. A trained officer with a sidearm can spot and eliminate a threat in seconds – unless the officer is trying to reach around a shield and sight through a window, in which case, bullets may be flying in both directions for considerably longer, greatly increasing the risk to the officer, teammates, and bystanders.
· Durable: Hardcore shields utilize a premium ballistic steel core with a protective powder coating for added corrosion resistance. The Alpha Shield™ and Delta Shield™ both come with a powder.
· Long Shelf Life: Unlike shields made from Kevlar® or Dyneema®, properly coated metals do not deteriorate over time and will continue to provide reliable protection for decades.
· Easy Storage: Hardcore shield panels are flat and store easily because the material is strong enough to provide complete rigidity without needing to add curvature. The protective powder coating provides the added corrosion protection for storage in hot, humid climates.
· Technology & Testing: Premium ballistic steels are used in Hardcore shields which are designed to meet particular real-world threats. “We understand the science behind the materials used and the ballistic threats the products face,” according to Hardcore’s Chief Product Developer Brett Cryer who has a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University. See ballistic testing link below.
From a law enforcement perspective, we looked at the Delta Shield and made some suggestions to improve the effectiveness and handling. Hardcore Defense responded with the new and improved Delta Special ballistic shield.
The Delta Special™ takes the popular Delta Shield and adds an arm strap for increased control, and also shifts the handle 2" lower in order to increase head and shoulder protection when the shield is held in a resting position.
Features & Specifications:
* Tested by an independent test lab in accordance with NIJ Standard 0108.1, using the NIJ III test protocol but with the threat rounds specified above. Test reports available upon request. Contact steve.bush@PoliceBallisticShield.com for your copy of the test results.
Taker B30 Ballistic Shield Light
The FoxFury Taker B30 is a retrofittable, front-mounted 600 lumen LED light for ballistic shields. This strobe-capable shield light provides tactical officers with panoramic lighting and immediate situation assessment to see and respond faster.
The Taker B30 is our lowest profile aftermarket shield light. It is equipped with a single pressure switch that activates the light and changes modes. This light has dual settings: On/Off and Tactical (3 modes: Momentary, Continuous On, and disorienting Turbo-Strobe™). It comes with a Kill Switch feature, which allows the operator to lock out the light from unintentional activation. The Taker B30 mounts to the front of ballistic shields via industrial strength reclosable fasteners (Velcro®), which means no drilling into the shield and no compromising shield ballistics.
The lightweight B30 utilizes CREE LED technology and is powered by CR123 batteries. The ultra-durable B30 is waterproof, flame resistant, and designed for use in anti-riot situations along with dynamic and deliberate entries by SWAT, military special operations, and law enforcement around the globe.
A unique patented “foldable” shield with a combination of light weight, mobility and immediate deployment.
Ballistics: Shots 1-12: Russian (M43) 7.62x39mm 123 grain MSC A Special Threat Velocity of 2350 +/- 50 fps (716.3 +/- 15.2 m/s)
Thickness: 23.25mmWeight: 11.96lbsSize: 15" x 18" (381 x 457mm)
Police Ballistic Shield, Inc.
Your Online Self-Defense Store
Copyright © 2015-2021 Police Ballistic Shield, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.